SL Green Realty Corp. has signed 393,056 square feet of Manhattan office leases to-date during the fourth quarter of 2020, bringing the total volume of Manhattan office leases signed year-to-date to 1,176,681 square feet.
SL Green said leases expected to be signed before the end of the year will result in over 400,000 square feet of Manhattan office leases signed in the fourth quarter and total Manhattan office leasing volume in excess of 1.2 million square feet for the year.
“We have seen a notable increase in leasing activity over the past several months as our portfolio reaps the benefits of having fully redeveloped, high quality buildings that are conveniently located near Grand Central Terminal,” said Steven Durels, Executive Vice President and Director of Leasing and Real Property at SL Green.
“We feel that we were a very well positioned portfolio before the pandemic and now set ourselves apart even further following upgrades in response to COVID-19, creating the safest work environment possible,” he added.
Significant Manhattan office leases include:
- Travelers Indemnity Company signed a 5-year lease renewal covering 133,479 square feet covering the entire 6th through 8th floors at 485 Lexington Avenue.
- Heidrick & Struggles, International, Inc. signed a new 12-year lease covering 36,031 square feet on the entire 25th floor at One Vanderbilt.
- Cohen & Gresser signed a 10-year lease extension covering 33,900 square feet on the entire 19th through 21st floors at 800 Third Avenue.
- Reitler, Kailas & Rosenblatt signed a new 13-year renewal and expansion lease covering 32,364 square feet on the entire 20th and 21st floors at 885 Third Avenue.
- RSC Insurance Brokerage, Inc. signed a new 16-year lease covering 24,515 square feet on the entire 15th floor at 750 Third Avenue.
- 1Life Healthcare, Inc. d/b/a One Medical signed a new 15-year lease covering 4,924 square feet on a portion of the ground and 2nd floor at One Vanderbilt Avenue.