Hyatt Hotels Corporation has announced the plans to grow its portfolio in Europe by the end of 2023 with more than 20 executed managed and franchised deals for new hotels.
Hyatt said these properties are expected to join 63 Hyatt-branded hotels across nine distinct brands in 22 European countries.
The growth plans will increase Hyatt’s brand footprint in Europe by more than 30 percent in nine new countries and grow further in seven existing markets.
Andaz, Alila, and Hyatt Centric – Hyatt’s lifestyle brands – and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt – one of Hyatt’s independent collection brands – make up half of Hyatt’s executed deals in Europe.
READ ALSO : Hyatt plans to open first Andaz hotel in Lisbon
“Hyatt is in the process of transforming the hotel landscape in Europe with planned openings for new Hyatt-branded hotels in some of the most sought-after leisure destinations in the world,” said Peter Norman, senior vice president real estate and development EAME/SWA, Hyatt.
Norman continued, “Because of today’s unprecedented business climate, owners of independent hotels are understandably looking for a reputable brand with strong distribution channels for added support, which makes hotel conversions a big growth driver for Hyatt through our independent collection brands, including The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. At Hyatt, we have always taken a flexible and thoughtful approach to crafting deals that benefit both parties, and now more than ever, the success of that approach is evident. Because Hyatt-branded hotels have not oversaturated many European markets, we continue to intentionally grow our brands in places that matter most to our guests.”
In the United Kingdom, Park Hyatt hotel announced its first hotel in London’s redeveloped Nine Elms district. ”Hyatt plans to nearly double its brand growth in the U.K. in the next few years, and this growth is complemented by strong regional demand in France and Spain – through the development of both Hyatt’s full and select service brands – as well as entry into new markets with the first Hyatt-branded properties in Stockholm, Helsinki, Malta and Cyprus,” said in the statement.
Notable newly executed deals include plans for:
- The 203-room Park Hyatt London River Thames in London, one of Europe’s top places to visit, which will be the first Park Hyatt hotel in the U.K.
- The introduction of the Hyatt Centric brand to the U.K. with Hyatt Centric Cambridge
- Hyatt’s foray into Northern Europe with two new hotels within The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, including the 224-room Grand Hansa Hotel in Helsinki, Finland – regarded by travelers as one of the best big city destinations in the world
- A Hyatt Centric hotel in Reykjavik, which is noted as one of the trendiest European travel spots, will be the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Iceland
- The former Byblos Hotel in Mijas, Spain will be part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand and will mark a significant expansion of Hyatt’s brand footprint in the country’s most visited region, Andalusia
- The first Andaz-branded hotel in Portugal with Andaz Lisbon, and the first Hyatt-branded hotel in the Czech Republic with Andaz Prague
- The first Alila-branded resort in Europe with Alila La Gruyère in Switzerland
- The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House select service brands remain a strategic priority with eight additional properties planned across Western Europe through 2023