Hyatt Hotels Corporation plans to open 21 new luxury hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific by the end of 2020.
According to the announcement, the company aims to grow its luxury hotel portfolio more than 25% in the region.The company will open the hotels under Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Andaz and Alila brands.
“We are excited to expand our luxury portfolio in Asia Pacific, bringing more distinct experiences through the Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Andaz and Alila brands to destinations that matter most to our guests,” said Carina Chorengel, senior vice president, Commercial, Asia Pacific, Hyatt.
With this expansion, a record number of seven Park Hyatt hotels are expected to open in under two years – a significant milestone for Hyatt, which adds an average of one Park Hyatt property per year. The Andaz brand, known to offer immersive cultural experiences, is set to double its footprint in Asia Pacific with new openings in major cities such as Seoul, Dubai and Shenzhen, alongside resort destinations such as Bali, as well as Sanya and Xiamen in China.
“We see enormous potential to grow our luxury portfolio in Asia Pacific, which currently accounts for 40% of Hyatt’s overall portfolio in the region,” said Patrick Finn, senior vice president, real estate and development, Asia Pacific, Hyatt.
Planned openings in 2019
- Andaz Dubai The Palm in the United Arab Emirates
- Andaz Gangnam Seoul in South Korea
- Grand Hyatt Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia
- Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India
- Grand Hyatt Hefei in China
- Park Hyatt Auckland in New Zealand
- Park Hyatt Doha in Qatar
- Park Hyatt Jakarta in Indonesia
- Park Hyatt Kyoto in Japan
- Park Hyatt Shenzhen in China
Planned openings in 2020
- Alila Dalit Bay in Malaysia
- Alila Hinu Bay in Oman
- Andaz Bali in Indonesia
- Andaz Sanya Sunny Bay in China
- Andaz Shenzhen in China
- Andaz Xiamen in China
- Grand Hyatt Jeju in Korea
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait in Kuwait
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in China
- Park Hyatt Niseko, Hanazono in Japan
- Park Hyatt Suzhou in China