Barwood Capital, the Northampton-based UK regional real-estate specialist, has acquired a portfolio of industrial estates for its 2017 Regional Property Fund for more than £38 million.
The acquisitions follow the announcement in October 2018 that Barwood Capital had committed up to £15 million of equity for Caisson to aggregate a portfolio of up to £40 million of UK multi-let industrial estates to gain specific exposure to the sector in order for its investors to benefit from secure income, capital growth and renewable energy income.
The portfolio consists of seven multi-let industrial estates that are:
- Eldonwall Trading Estate, Nottingham, a 2.21 acre estate with nearly 50,000 sq ft across nine industrial units
- Bromborough Point, Wirrall International Business Park totals 6.72 acres with 131,485 sq ft across six units of trade counter and traditional warehouse accommodation
- Marconi Courtyard, Corby is a 3.42 acre site with 66,400 sq ft across 13 units
- Broadmeadow Trade Park, Dumbarton totals 4.15 acres with space totalling 77,367 sq ft across 20 units which include offices, laboratories, light industrial and trader counters
- Penketh Business Park, Warrington is on a 6.46 acre estate with 148,534 sq ft across 30 units
- Nasmyth Court, Livingston totals 4.24 acres with space totalling 52,649 sq ft across 26 units
- Hastingwood Industrial Park, Birmingham is a 12.28 acre multi-let estate totalling 337,233 sq ft across 226 units
”The UK MLI sector remains an attractive sub-segment of the wider industrial market.”
”We will invest in estates with strong underlying real estate fundamentals, where there is the ability to increase rental income and deploy capex as a means to benefit from capital value growth. The UK MLI sector remains an attractive sub-segment of the wider industrial market. There is increasing demand from a broadening tenant base alongside constrained supply meaning that the sector offers compelling capital growth prospects underpinned by rental growth.” said Danielle Sheppard, senior investment director, Barwood Capital .