Custodian REIT has appointed Jones Lang LaSalle Limited (JLL) as its environmental, social and governance (ESG) advisor with immediate effect.
According to the REIT, the appointment will enable the company to accelerate the implementation of its ESG strategy and more effectively achieve its objectives:
· Improving the energy performance of the Company’s buildings;
· Further reducing energy usage for tenants as well as emissions;
· Understanding and better responding to environmental risks and opportunities;
· Achieving better social outcomes and enhancing support for local communities; and
· Complying with all requirements and reporting in line with best practice where appropriate.
”As previously stated, the board is determined to carefully implement a practical carbon reduction strategy and believes that JLL’s specialist real estate focus will help ensure the company’s pathway towards net zero carbon aligns with stakeholder expectations and the company’s property strategy,” said the company.
Hazel Adam, Chair of the Company’s ESG Committee, said: “We see JLL’s appointment as a crucial next step in the progression of the Company’s ESG strategy, which places positive ESG outcomes at the heart of everything we do, helping drive operational performance and shareholder returns and creating a better, greener future.”
Andrew Baker, Head of Sustainability Consulting at JLL said: “Custodian REIT fully understands the importance of ESG, particularly energy efficiency, in safeguarding its portfolio and the future performance of its assets. Our goal is now to work hard applying our market leading expertise in this field to help Custodian REIT achieve its ambitions.”